Saturday, June 25, 2011

Project #7

Google Favorite Foods Form Summary

As the title states, my Google form was sampling Favorite Foods. I honed in on types of foods people eat the more than others and comfort foods. The results for types of vegetables most enjoyed and types of fruits most enjoyed were the most self explanatory. Out of the five vegetables listed, the only one that everyone liked was potatoes. Broccoli hit a close second while spinach and carrots tied for third. Eggplant was the least liked vegetable of the group. From this information I gathered that the majority of people in my group enjoy more conventional vegetables as opposed to the unusual eggplant. I have a theory that the creaminess of potatoes fuels its popularity.
Despite the controversial vegetables, the five fruits I listed had overwhelming "likes" in comparison. Strawberries were "Strongly Liked" among everyone and apples, bananas and pineapples weren't too far off. However, pears were at the bottom of the fruit totem pole. This also relates back to my theory that creamy(or in this case, juicy) foods are more well liked. Compared to strawberries, pears are a relatively dry fruit. Another point to this theory is that more people prefer creamy ice cream to the more dry cake.
This is a pie graph demonstrating that the majority of people prefer ice cream to cake.
In addition to types of foods preferred, I also discovered that while most people can taste a slightly noticeable difference when their favorite food is homemade rather than store bought, they would still rather purchase it pre-made. The all time favorite comfort foods among my group members were jambalaya, grilled fish, chicken alfredo, bread and steaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment