Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Blog Post #1

Hi! I'm Alana Escobio and I'm a Sophomore at South. I was born and raised in Mobile. I chose to attend South so that I could continue living at home with my parents and younger brother, Sam. We live in the midtown region near Murphy, which is where I attended High School. I enjoy cooking and watching movies in my free time.
I wanted to enter the education field after spending 3 summers as a camp counselor for girls ages 7-10. I quickly discovered that the carefree simplicity of children that age was something I admired and wanted to work with. The more education classes I take the more I am sure this is the career I want to pursue.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Alana,

    It saves a lot of money to live at home! I went to the University of Alabama my freshman year and came back home after that and started going to South. It's amazing how much more money I have because the parents pay for more things! I enjoy cooking too. Is there anything in particular you like to cook? I'm more fond of baking and cooking desserts. It is wonderful that you are so inspired about pursuing your teaching career. The education field needs more people like you!

    Enjoyed reading your post,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love to cook. We should share our techniques!

    ReplyDelete