Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Project #3

Comments for Teachers #2

Prescribed Viewing- Daniel Kraft on Medicine's Future
The video at the top f this post demonstrated all the advances being made in the Medicine field with the help of technology. In Luca's post she mentions that we welcome all the technological changes associated with medicine since it regards our physical health. But what about our mental needs? Technology is the classroom isn't being welcomed with open arms like the medical world. Luca suggests that all teachers(and potential ones as well) watch this video in order to embrace the changes brought forth with technology.
In my comment on her post I stated that I was blown away with the new inventions in the medical world thanks to technology. If such great things come from technology involving medicine, it's worth seeing what it can do with education. Overall I agree with Luca's point of view and enjoyed the video she posted.

Helping Students with Current Issues Research
In this post Luca lists various websites that are intended to help students discover current events and research. Some of the sited listed were Google News and Google Realtime Search in addition to Australian websites containing newspapers and other information outlets. Luca stated that these were used to aid students in their effort to write a persuasive essay.
In my comment to her I said that I especially liked TED, a website in which student can watch speeches and study them to ease their fears about public speaking. I would have found this very useful when taking South's Public Speaking course! I also cannot wait to try out Google News and Google Realtime Search! They seem like they will be extremely useful when preparing to write papers.
This a the Google News logo.

1 comment:

  1. TED is very addictive! I love it, but I sometimes love it too much!

    ReplyDelete